Embedded PDF with send button

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I have a client who thinks the form block that we currently are using to collect orders is too unclear when received. We cannot use traditional web store layouts since our products are sold by weight and by freely-formulated request on part of the client. I solved this problem by using the form block. However, now the client thinks the information is hard to decipher once received. I thought that I can probably not access the setting of the email received by them, so an alternative would be to embed a PDF file that has editable text fields, and then have a button that directly sends, so as to avoid the customer to having to use an emailing program. Can this be done?

Another option I'm looking at is writing a program that removes the form fields that have been left without information, in the email sent by the form block, yet I wouldn't know where to begin, even though this seems like it wouldn't be that hard logic-wise.

TLDR: can I embed a PDF with dynamic text areas on the site, and have it sent to my clients email when the customer presses a send button?

• 5 weeks later...

Site URL: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a946bedf93fd46cf01ea8d4/t/60054fe6825cad7378b3d627/1610960870989/WB-Sortimentsliste_210105_Januar.pdf

Hi there I would like to create an interactive order list for a customer via squarespace. This is currently being implemented with an interactive, fillable PDF. Is it possible to do this using a form? Since there are over 200 products, this will not be possible with a normal form. The form would be very confusing. It should be possible to select a product and / or a quantity and fill in the contact details. Does anyone have an idea how to best implement this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Important: It's just an order without payment connection!

Archived