Trying to find a solution for my car export site for customers to be able to buy in Botswana Pula

Hi All.

I'm having quite some difficulty on the commerce section of the site im building.

My company is a company which will be exporting cars to Botswana specifically, with the buyer paying in their local currency which is Botswana Pula.

Squarespace do not support this currency and have asked an online rep if there is any other solutions as i'm not overly keen on listing the cars in GBP but I've not found a solution in any way.

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation or could anyone advise on this?

All the best

Dan.

• Replies 3
  • Views 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the customer won't be able to pay in Botswana Pula on Squarespace (the platform doesn't support it) I assume you'll be taking payment via a different method?

If that's the case, you could simply add the prices using a different currency ($ or £) and then replace the currency symbol with 'P' using some code. This should work if the prices are all below P1,000,000.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

It should be a straightforward change, but it will depend on the specifics of the site.

If you provide more details, including a working link to a product on the site, the community can provide more specific help. The site doesn't need to be live, but if it is still in trial, you will need to set a site password and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived