May 21 Google Update - SEO, Site Speed and Core Vitals

Site URL: http://https/thesporting.blog

So I am wondering if anyone else has heard whether Squarespace are going to look into addressing speed and load issues ahead of the May update from Google.

I'm certainly worried myself about how to get the site loading quicker, having stripped out pretty much everything and worked hard to optimise all images etc. 

Although Squarespace claims that Google's speed tests are punitive and not accurate, the core web vitals will be judged as such so its kind of irrelevant what any other site or speed test says. I have about 180 pages of 500 that are deemed 'Poor' yet at the moment they rank well. Come May, will these rankings drop off in favour of other sites that are built better?

I feel its something that the webchat dance around and are asked to avoid discussing with us, so how do I get Squarespace to admit this will be an issue.

I'm still running 7.0 and have cleaned up the site as much as I can without it becoming just text and no UX at all.

Anyone else have concerns/suggestions for how to get this addressed?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump! Getting nowhere with Squarespace support on this issue. A lot of vague talk. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Millions of Squarespace sites could be affected negatively by this and it's hard to feel entirely comfortable / ethical recommending Squarespace unequivocally as a platform to new clients until this problem is addressed.

Anyone else got any news / thoughts? 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:12 AM, StyleFactory said:

Bump! Getting nowhere with Squarespace support on this issue. A lot of vague talk. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Millions of Squarespace sites could be affected negatively by this and it's hard to feel entirely comfortable / ethical recommending Squarespace unequivocally as a platform to new clients until this problem is addressed.

Anyone else got any news / thoughts? 

bump 2. 

can someone from squarespace please address this?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived