Members area drop down menu when logged in

11 hours ago, TamsinM said:

I would like to create a drop down menu that when you log in through your "members area" in the primary navigation

This Member Areas feature is available on Squarespace 7.1, but isn't available on your Squarespace 7.0 site.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Members area drop down menu when logged in
  • 6 months later...

I created a Member Area pages and can not hide/show top menu for a members / non-members.
My pages all in a Member Area zone and in menu they hidden for a non-members. As I see they should be automatically  shown, when a new member got registered and comes in. But that doesn't happen.

Знімок екрана 2021-07-23 о 17.44.16.png

5 hours ago, yoshida said:

Can't show/hide Member Area menu SS7.0. I created a Member Area pages and can not hide/show top menu for a members / non-members.

On Squarespace 7.1, members see the Member Navigation at the top of your site, replacing the Main Navigation of your public pages when they are logged on. This isn’t available on 7.0. Instead, a member can sign-in and then click on the Account link to open the Customer Account panel and view the links available to them.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

5 minutes ago, yoshida said:

Can I upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1? 

There isn't a migration option yet from Squarespace 7.0 to Squarespace 7.1.

For the moment, it's a lot of work. You can only move to 7.1 by starting a new trial on 7.1, recreating your site’s design, adding all your content and moving your domain. It isn't possible to migrate the 'backend' content such as member/customer data, subscriptions or order information. 

For more information, see Moving from Squarespace version 7.0 to version 7.1.

Edited by paul2009

7 minutes ago, yoshida said:

Why a new member don't see Account link?

When you enable Customer Accounts, a Sign In link should be added to your navigation menu. The design and placement depends on your template. 

If you see the Sign in link, then head to Settings > Member AreasMember Navigation. You should see two options:

• Don’t Show Navigation
  • Show in the Customer Account Panel - With this option, after a member logs into their Customer Account, the Sign In link in your Main Navigation changes to Account. 

Member Area pages will not appear in the main navigation area. To allow one of your member area pages to appear in the main navigation for all visitors, check the page’s URL and then add a ‘Link’ to the Primary Navigation. 

As I mentioned, this link will be seen by all visitors, irrespective of whether they are a member, but only members will be able to view the page content when they click that link.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you reach out to Squarespace Customer Care directly, as they can logon to your site and talk you through how Member Areas work. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...