Can someone please help me with clickwrap agreement technology (pop up to click a box to accept terms and agreements)

Site URL: https://www.tealcanvas.com/

Hi Squarespace pros!

We have a site that will launch within the next week or two.  In our service, we need a pop up that includes our terms of service that a visitor must check a box to agree in order to work with us (a clickwrap). Unfortunately, squarespace does not offer this as a native feature.  Has anyone any experience in this that may be able to help.  We are still password protected.... Tealcanvas0202.

We have been advised that a clickwrap rather than a browsewrap is key to protect us as a business.  

Screenshot (149).png

• 2 years later...

I apologize but I do not understand your reply. Let me clarify my needs. I am looking for a solution that would require users to check a box agreeing to the Terms & Conditions before they can fill out a registration form. This would be like a clickwrap.

I am aware that using a Radio Button with "required" toggled on will force the user to check the box indicating agreement. However, forcing the user through a multi-step process increases the likelihood that they read the Terms & Conditions, or are at least more aware of them. I have done a lot of research and this kind of functionality provides more protection if there is a legal dispute. 

A good example would be Apple. Their Terms & Conditions open in a pop-up window. The user must scroll to the bottom and them click on an Agree button before proceeding.

• 1 month later...

I need this same solution and can not find concrete information. Has anyone answered you or have you found a good way to execute this task? 

Even to sign up to this forum I had to do the basics of clicking to agree to terms. Is this the HTML version mentioned in other threads? 

image.png.cf5b6421188b53f7f49ab93c2827dde7.png

On 11/17/2023 at 3:37 AM, SRF said:

I apologize but I do not understand your reply. Let me clarify my needs. I am looking for a solution that would require users to check a box agreeing to the Terms & Conditions before they can fill out a registration form. This would be like a clickwrap.

I am aware that using a Radio Button with "required" toggled on will force the user to check the box indicating agreement. However, forcing the user through a multi-step process increases the likelihood that they read the Terms & Conditions, or are at least more aware of them. I have done a lot of research and this kind of functionality provides more protection if there is a legal dispute. 

A good example would be Apple. Their Terms & Conditions open in a pop-up window. The user must scroll to the bottom and them click on an Agree button before proceeding.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:51 PM, walkerm said:

I need this same solution and can not find concrete information. Has anyone answered you or have you found a good way to execute this task? 

Even to sign up to this forum I had to do the basics of clicking to agree to terms. Is this the HTML version mentioned in other threads? 

image.png.cf5b6421188b53f7f49ab93c2827dde7.png

A friend of mine used to use this solution. That is using textarea with placeholder, we can style it with a scroll bar, the user will scroll and click on the checkbox below. What do you think?

Or if you still want a popup when clicking Terms, I created a quick demo here, you try checking

https://tuanphan3.squarespace.com/terms-popup-1?noredirect

pass: abc

image.thumb.png.a23d4dab96e29d1ee8840cd4fc636c18.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)