Multilingual site with sub folders

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

Site URL: https://isere-ski-rando.com

Hi,

I have a website built in french and I want to add english support. Following available tutorials

for me do not work as I use folders. I.e at the root of the website I have few pages and two folders.

These folders are used to organised the navigation : Something like the following. 

/accueil

/actualités

activitiés/activité1

activitiés/activité2

The tutorial I am trying to follow also use folders so my site should become

/cover-page

/fr/accueil

/fr/actualités

/fr/activitiés/activité1

/fr/activitiés/activité2

/eng/home

/eng/news

/eng/activities/activity1

/eng/activities/activity2

The issue I am facing is that I cannot add a sub-folder to a folder.  The ui only let me add pages 

Any help on this will be welcome.

regards 

E Jannetti

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi @ejannett!

I'm Parker and I work on the Customer Operations team at Squarespace. I came across your question, and I wanted to let you know that we now offer an integration with Weglot. With Weglot, you can add a language-switcher button to your site's header that will allow folks to switch the language of the content. 

Here's some more on that: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace

• 6 months later...

Weglot is not seo friendly since it uses subdomains instead of subfolders. 

Google treats subdomains like new individuals domains. So you have to start all of your seo efforts from zero again, vs. subfolders consolidate seo power, meaning you start with your old domain rating power for all new pages!! 

SAATKARY CARGO - Spedition & Kurierdienst

Wir bieten ein breites Portofolio an Transportdienstleistungen für Firmen als auch Privatpersonen an.
HIerunter zählen unter anderem europaweit Sperrgut versenden, Palettenversand, Motorrad Transport, sowie Service als  Umzugshelfer in München