insert points not showing

Hello. 

My Chrome is up to date (ver 87.0.4280.141) and I'm not seeing any insert points. I am seeing "add section" and can edit sections, but no luck with insert points - using neither wacom nor mouse. This is version 7.1 on Falodu.

Any idea if this is user error on my part or a bug?

• 1 month later...

How do I add spacers to resize an image if there are no insert point or tear drop to manipulate?  So frustrating when trying to resize an image . . . most tutorials still refer to the tear drop and insert point.

• 10 months later...

I was also under the impression that my insert points were not displaying but I am now assuming that you are limited to adding blocks to the auto layout sections. Is this correct? 

I have added an auto layout / simple list section.

When I click Edit Content, I have used the toggles turn elements on and off, and I have used the content tab to edit content and the design tab for style changes.  

I wanted to add a paragraph under the Title but I can only add another column to the layout. 

I am going to add a blank section instead and style from scratch. 

• 2 months later...

Just a newbe, but this is ridiculous.  scrolling around a blank screen hoping a menu pops up - oh and adding another section that maybe you can find and drag what you want from that section to another, then deleting the section you didn't need in the first place.  Videos talk about the entry points that are basically invisible, or teardrops that are or are not in the newer version. 

Seriously just add a button that says BLOCKS, and figure it out from there.

Sort of like learning a new video game with all the hidden functionality and no instructions.

• 2 months later...

The insert points and the   white+ blue circle mentioned above by a moderator are nowhere to be found. So I'm unable to actually edit or add code or do anything beyond straight line and section editing/adding. Incredibly frustrating! It's been like this for a couple months . . . Does anyone know if this is a common glitch right now?

2 minutes ago, Kazoo said:

Does anyone know if this is a common glitch right now?

There are no known issues with insert points. If you are having difficulties check the following:

• If you are using Squarespace 7.1, check that you have added a blank section to the page. Insert points won't appear until you have added a section. 
  • Check you have sufficient permissions (in Settings > Permissions)
  • Check you are using one the latest browsers.

If nothing helps, please contact Squarespace Customer Care for assistance.

image.gif.624672a376122e75819f6d99d5801e0c.gif

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 7:00 AM, paul2009 said:

There are no known issues with insert points. If you are having difficulties check the following:

• If you are using Squarespace 7.1, check that you have added a blank section to the page. Insert points won't appear until you have added a section. 
  • Check you have sufficient permissions (in Settings > Permissions)
  • Check you are using one the latest browsers.

If nothing helps, please contact Squarespace Customer Care for assistance.

image.gif.624672a376122e75819f6d99d5801e0c.gif

so are you basically implying that we cannot add blocks or use insert points on 7.1 OR 7.0 unless we start with a blank section?? what if we need to make modifications to auto layouts?

24 minutes ago, treena said:

so are you basically implying that we cannot add blocks or use insert points on 7.1 OR 7.0 unless we start with a blank section?

There are currently three different "types" of Squarespace editor:

• Squarespace 7.0: You can add blocks by clicking an insert point. Version 7.0 does not have "sections".
  • Squarespace 7.1 with Classic Editor: You must add a section to a blank page first. You can then add blocks (if required) by clicking insert points. 
  • Squarespace 7.1 with Fluid Engine Editor: You must add a section to a blank page first. Blocks can be added by clicking the "+ Add Block" button.

If you need further guidance, I suggest checking which version you are using and then watch some of the getting started videos. For example, Adding content with blocks.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

51 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

There are currently three different "types" of Squarespace editor:

• Squarespace 7.0: You can add blocks by clicking an insert point. Version 7.0 does not have "sections".
  • Squarespace 7.1 with Classic Editor: You must add a section to a blank page first. You can then add blocks (if required) by clicking insert points. 
  • Squarespace 7.1 with Fluid Engine Editor: You must add a section to a blank page first. Blocks can be added by clicking the "+ Add Block" button.

If you need further guidance, I suggest checking which version you are using and then watch some of the getting started videos. For example, Adding content with blocks.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

What I am trying to tell you is, if we add a section to our page that has an auto layout, these directions do not always work. There are numerous auto layouts in the fluid engine editor as well as the classic editor that do not offer the option to add blocks. For instance, there is no auto layout with a carousel or scrolling image feature that allows this.

What if I want to make a one-page site with multiple sections & hyperlinks that link to each section on the page? I cannot add a code block to enable me to do that with some of the sections I've chosen. That needs to be made clear (and also it is very inconvenient, so maybe someone should consider adding the block feature to all of the sections). 

Edited by treena
41 minutes ago, treena said:

What I am trying to tell you is, if we add a section to our page that has an auto layout, these directions do not always work.

Thanks for clarifying.

You are correct when you say that some sections, such as auto-layout sections, contain special content and cannot be edited to add further blocks. However, you can usually add a Code Block to an editable section just above or just below a special section instead to achieve a similar result.