PayPal Pay in 3 and PayPal credit

Hi! 

Does anyone know or is anyone allowing customers to use the PayPal pay in 3 (there new buy now pay later) product? 

I had a client wanting to implement the shopify lite buttons just to use Klarna but if the Paypal option is possible on SS then that’s amazing! 

Thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

Squarespace does not currently support PayPal's pay later services.

Squarespace did support PayPal's pay later services in early 2021 but they have since removed support for Pay in 4 (PI4) and Pay in 3 (PI3) presumably to encourage wider use of Afterpay/Clearpay.

We're waiting for Squarespace to replace the old "classic" PayPal integration with the newest "PayPal Commerce Platform" integration that supports PayPal's Pay Later suite of consumer financing solutions, but it seems unlikely this will happen in 2022.

(Post updated in April 2022)

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Updated for 2022

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Um. I'm assuming that PP is not going to hype it's connection to SS until the rollout is complete and functioning well.

I wouldn't depend on some marketing page to tell me what is really going on.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, paul2009 said:

PayPal's buy now, pay later (BNPL) solutions have now started to roll out. 🙂

For example. PayPal Pay in 3 is available on Squarespace in the UK, including our own website. Qualifying UK customers can now pay in three, interest-free payments on purchases over £45.

Pay in 4 should therefore be available to US customers, although as I'm UK based I'm unable to test this. You can check by checking out with goods above $30. After logging in to PayPal, the option should appear below the standard full payment option. Similar schemes (eg PayPal 4X) should be available in France, Germany and Italy, with Australia and Canada coming on stream this quarter.

Squarespace use a very old PayPal integration and this does not allow us to use the full range of BNPL services yet. What we need is for Squarespace to upgrade to the full "PayPal Commerce Platform" integration so that the full suite of BNPL offerings are available to Squarespace customers globally.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

Hello,  Could you give me instructions how to integrate the pay in 3 on my website in the UK.  I've added an item over £1000 and I do not see this option at checkout. Any help here would be appreciated.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

www.winkandbeam.uk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi There. 

I have read through this page many times, and I cannot see the Pay in 3 option. I have gone through the process of placing an order on my site, looking for the option, and it doesn't appear as shown in other comments above. I am in the UK. Does it require a settings change on PP somewhere? 

• 2 months later...

Hi There, 

So what I'm understanding is that if you don't have a commerce site or sell physical products you cannot offer any sort of financing? I offer services that often sell for a higher cost than many products on commerce and my clients would highly benefit from the option of financing. SP needs to gain a better understanding of what its users need. 

• 7 months later...

I have the opposite problem. Pay in 4 seems to have been automatically enabled in my Advanced Commerce plan, but I want to REMOVE it! (Twice, my customers have tried to use it, but it didn't work. The customers didn't even realise what happened, and thought their order was processed, but it didn't appear in my end. Not as completed, nor as abandoned cart... nothing at all.)
Can anyone help? 
I sought help from PayPal and they said it's up to SS. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 5:46 AM, inspiredrachel said:

I have the opposite problem. Pay in 4 seems to have been automatically enabled in my Advanced Commerce plan, but I want to REMOVE it! (Twice, my customers have tried to use it, but it didn't work. The customers didn't even realise what happened, and thought their order was processed, but it didn't appear in my end. Not as completed, nor as abandoned cart... nothing at all.)
Can anyone help? 
I sought help from PayPal and they said it's up to SS. 

Exactly the same thing is happening here! I have no idea what to do - client complaining about his payment split in 4, being on hold in PayPal, and the order doesn't exist in my SS (not even in Pending) - did you manage to solve this?

On 11/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, paul2009 said:

And did you follow up with Squarespace Customer Care as PayPal advised? What did Squarespace say?

So I came in contact with SS regarding this, and they literally said

"To clarify, it is not possible to disable or enable this setting from Squarespace's end since it is not part of our integration with PayPal and not a feature we support."

So in other words, they won't do anything, PayPal won't do anything, and the merchant is the big loser here.

Edited by Alejoca
On 12/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, Alejoca said:

[Squarespace Customer Care said] "To clarify, it is not possible to disable or enable this setting from Squarespace's end since [PayPal credit options are] not part of our integration with PayPal and not a feature we support."

So in other words, they won't do anything, PayPal won't do anything, and the merchant is the big loser here.

If you'd like to see this feature, it is important that you make a feature request by logging support ticket with Squarespace Customer Care, as this is how Squarespace collates demand for new features. 

Did this help to clarify the situation? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.