All of my CSS coding just stopped working

Site URL: https://www.superiorfeline.com

All of a sudden, my CSS coding in the Custom CSS area just stopped working - all of it. If I go to Custom CSS and click my mouse inside the box, it starts working again. However, as soon as I leave the Custom CSS area, all of it stops working. If I go to my website externally (to see what the customer sees) through a browser, none of it is working! Has anyone had this issue before? I have no clue why it's not working when I leave the Custom CSS area... 

I'm going to remove the all the CSS and then re-install it piece by piece to see if that helps. Any other ideas out there? The CSS is what makes my site look good! :(  Without it, it's awful :(  

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas for solutions/someone I can contact, please let me know! Thank you! 

I've attached a photo from my website homepage without CSS and with my CSS - it's obvious which is which.... 

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 12.43.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 12.43.04 PM.png

Hi @holliruth

I've had this happen before when there was an error in the CSS code. Have you tried running it through http://csslint.net/ to check for errors?

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

• 11 months later...

Hi, did anyone figure this out? My CSS just stopped working suddenly. I had changed a value for padding, and it took effect.

.sqs-block.image-block {
    padding: 5px !important

But now, most of the CSS is no longer working. All of it was working before that value change. Even changing the value back is not reflected. All edits when saved, do not update. I'm not sure why. 

@tuanphan, if you have time to take a look, this is the site:

https://www.no-frames.com/photo-test/category/Tabletop

@hellomw

I'm not seeing any obvious signs of a syntax error in your CSS that might be causing a problem.

Have you tried quitting your browser and relaunching? Does the problem go away?

I don't think there is much we can do to help you if the issue is a technical fault with SS's workings. You'd need to contact customer support.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 hour ago, creedon said:

@hellomw

I'm not seeing any obvious signs of a syntax error in your CSS that might be causing a problem.

Have you tried quitting your browser and relaunching? Does the problem go away?

I don't think there is much we can do to help you if the issue is a technical fault with SS's workings. You'd need to contact customer support.

Thanks for checking and foe the reply @creedon! Yes, I've quit my browser, and looked on other devices — the missing CSS implementation is still happening. It is strange, as it's only some of the CSS that's suddenly not working. 

17 hours ago, hellomw said:

Hi, did anyone figure this out? My CSS just stopped working suddenly. I had changed a value for padding, and it took effect.

But now, most of the CSS is no longer working. All of it was working before that value change. Even changing the value back is not reflected. All edits when saved, do not update. I'm not sure why. 

@tuanphan, if you have time to take a look, this is the site:

https://www.no-frames.com/photo-test/category/Tabletop

Which code doesn't work?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@JamieKowalik

The first step is to let us get a look at your site to see if we can see anything obvious.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, creedon said:

@JamieKowalik

The first step is to let us get a look at your site to see if we can see anything obvious.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Hey, so my site was working great with all my custom CSS literally yesterday, and now all the specific mobile css is broken and I am unable to even target any of it. For example my parallax works on desktop but not even my images are showing up on mobile. My footer is also custom css and html and is working on desktop but is broken on mobile! I have tried quitting and reloading, and i've tried multiple devices-- can't figure it out!

My site is public so i'd love if you could check it out and see if there are any glaring errors that I somehow added to the CSS, i'd seriously appreciate it! I'm wondering if its SS fault because it was working great, I'm hoping it would self correct if its not an issue with my CSS?

URL: powderful.com