How to control a reel with your mouse instead of swipe buttons

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reels and the example page you point to are using two completely different techniques.

The example page is using a block that just has a bunch of content stacked from left to right. Because the content is so wide (overflow) a scroll bar is added and you can scroll. It's exactly the same behaviour you get when looking at a long webpage. You can scroll down. Well in this case you scroll horizontally.

The reel tries not to exceed the width of the screen and provides controls to go forward or back.

So the first question is, do you want to use the reel? Or do you want to use something more like the example page?

It may be possible to add mobile type finger control to the reel.

Please post the URL to the page with the reel on it.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks for your help Creedon.

I would be happy to use something like the example instead of reels, however, I've spent quite bit of time currently designing it with the reels format so if I can make it work similarly using reels that would be fantastic.

The domain is www.michaeltoman.co.uk and the password is 'reels'.

Thanks again for your help!

M

Archived