Changing templates

Hey Everyone,

Even-though I have tried to check on the help section in regards to changing a Template, it seems that while following up to Design section, the option of Template is missing. 

Is there a way to do this in a different way?

Thanks 

• YuvalG changed the title to gross.yuval@gmail.com

Updated 10/27/21

There is no option to change templates in 7.1 because there is in reality only one template. What Squarespace calls templates in 7.1 are actually design starting points, short cuts as it were. You have the ability to make any 7.1 design look like another 7.1 design in config using style tweaks for fonts, colors, layouts, ect. What you can do is look at the "template" you wish to change to, note the color schemes, fonts etc and then change your site to match. For example you  can change the color scheme for your whole site with pretty much one click. 

There is no option to change from 7.0  to 7.1 or the other way around due to the fact they are built on two different desingn/config  platforms. There is an option for changing templates from one 7.0 to another 7.0 template which I suggest takes careful consideration before doing so depending on the templates being swapped. 

To change from 7.0 to 7.1 does require a new trial site and a rebuild. There could be some additional cost depending on the age of the original site, account log in stays the same. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
4 hours ago, YuvalG said:

the option of Template is missing

See this earlier thread about the same topic:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Jo_SQSP changed the title to Changing templates
  • 9 months later...

Hi, 

I read the thread here and based on @derricksrandomviews comment (You have the ability to make any 7.1 template look like another one in config using style tweaks for fonts, colors, layouts, ect. What you can do is look at the "template" you wish to change to, note the color schemes, fonts etc and then change your site to match.)

I want my current homepage for https://www.tribeandsol.com to look like the homepage and products page of the Flat Iron template https://flatiron-demo.squarespace.com/?nochrome=true with the hover over the image how can I achieve this? 

Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, MoonMama said:

You have the ability to make any 7.1 template look like another one

This refers to the fact that all Squarespace 7.1 sites use the same template. Because of this, you can make any 7.1 site look like any other 7.1 site.

However, Flatiron is a Squarespace 7.0 site and these use different template families that have different features. It isn’t possible to use a feature from one 7.0 template on a site built with another template. The homepage features of Flatiron are specific to this template. To use it you’d need to start again with a new trial. It may be possible to create these features on your 7.1 template but only by writing custom code (CSS and JavaScript).

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, MoonMama said:

Hi, 

I figured out how to get the gallery like the Flatiron template however, (grid:overlay is not an option in 7.1). I want to be able to have text on the images on hover like the Flatiron template. Can anyone help with this?

Hi. This is possible. You can use Gallery Grid or Masonry, then share link to page where you added gallery, we can give the code to achieve this.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)