Uploading Fonts from Adobe Typekit

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Squarespace has many fonts that look like adobe fonts. I have browsed SS fonts and compared them to ones on this page. If you find you still want to upload custom fonts then this should help:

https://katescott.co/blog/add-custom-font-to-squarespace

https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts

Find a specific font

specific Adobe or Google Font, search for it in the Browse all fonts option.

1. In the Home Menu, click Design, then click Fonts
  2. Under Global Text Styles, click the text type you want to change: Headings, Paragraphs, Buttons, or Miscellaneous.
  3. Click Family.
  4. Click Browse All Fonts.
  5. Scroll to browse the available fonts, or enter the font name in the Search fonts field at the top of the panel.
  6. Click Save to apply your changes
Edited by derricksrandomviews

Thank you for these links. I do need to use a specific Adobe font however, because we do want some of the headings to exactly match the branding we've created for this client. I've actually checked out this post from Kate Scott and if you see under her Adobe Typekit instructions, she says to copy and paste the Adobe project ID to the External API Keys labeled "Adobe" under advanced settings in SS. This API Key doesn't seem to exist anymore. 

So you can see I've hit a wall here. Have you uploaded an Adobe font using these guides? I'd love to know how you got around this wall concerning the External API Key. Thank you!

• Solution
On 1/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, AlpngloCreative said:

I've actually checked out this post from Kate Scott and if you see under her Adobe Typekit instructions, she says to copy and paste the Adobe project ID to the External API Keys labeled "Adobe" under advanced settings in SS. This API Key doesn't seem to exist anymore. 

Custom Adobe Fonts are still supported on Squarespace 7.0 sites, but as you haven't provided a link to the site you're discussing, I'll assume it is a Squarespace 7.1 site.

Squarespace 7.1 doesn't yet have native support for custom Adobe Fonts so you'll need to add them manually using code, as described in my guide Adding Custom Fonts to Squarespace.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I just wanted to follow up on this thread in case anyone was looking to figure out how to use Adobe Typekit fonts in SS 7.1. I found a tutorial that worked for me! https://www.squarebase.co/blog/how-to-add-custom-fonts-to-squarespace-71-including-adobe-typekit-fonts 

Just scroll to the bottom of the post and they explain how to upload adobe typekit fonts there.

• 2 years later...