How do I have a different header image for each category?

Hi,

I was wondering if it possible to be able to create a different header for each category within the shop?

For example, I have categories such as rugs, furniture, beds.... but once a customer drills down into each category, I want there to be a header explaining the categories better with an image and some text (I can create the images with the text included so no need for the text part.)

I have attached examples on a site that I love. as you can see, each category has a different header.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 10.53.50.png

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 10.54.06.png

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi @tuanphan, yes please! Thank you!

In terms of image, it would be like a banner image behind the text, but I understand if that's not possible with this forum. I thought about doing separate stores for each one since the functionality exists for the landing page of each store, but I think that would get screwy with SEO and inventory. I was hoping to find a plugin, but no luck. So frustrating!

17 minutes ago, kcasey said:

hi @tuanphan, yes please! Thank you!

In terms of image, it would be like a banner image behind the text, but I understand if that's not possible with this forum. I thought about doing separate stores for each one since the functionality exists for the landing page of each store, but I think that would get screwy with SEO and inventory. I was hoping to find a plugin, but no luck. So frustrating!

Do you mean the category pages of each shop? I used to implement custom code for post category with a client

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

hi @bangank36 , yes, this is exactly what I mean, the category page at the top of each shop. Right now, it's just the items in the category, but I'd love to be able to include a category-specific image, title, and some intro text. 

Would you be able to post your solution here? I'd be very, very grateful!

And if you're comfortable, could you share the website you accomplished this on? I've love to see it. I hope that's acceptable to ask, but no worries if you're not comfortable with that.

19 hours ago, kcasey said:

hi @bangank36 , yes, this is exactly what I mean, the category page at the top of each shop. Right now, it's just the items in the category, but I'd love to be able to include a category-specific image, title, and some intro text. 

Would you be able to post your solution here? I'd be very, very grateful!

And if you're comfortable, could you share the website you accomplished this on? I've love to see it. I hope that's acceptable to ask, but no worries if you're not comfortable with that.

It's a unfinished website so I can only give generic approach, so you have to read the the site url to get the current tag and category page. Then combine it with a dictionary to display image or text accordingly

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

@bangank36 Can you be a little more specific? I can identify the category pages, but am unsure how to do anything else. Are you able to share the code to make this happen? I should be able adjust to specifically target the content on my site, but I don't know where to start.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...