Editing Order Invoice Printout

• 2 months later...

March 2021: The site logo is now automatically added to printed invoices, but you cannot make changes. For example:

• You cannot change the size of the logo
  • You cannot substitute a different logo or change the colour of the logo. White logos are a problem!
Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been aย Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design โ™ฅ.
Work: I founded and runย SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website.ย 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below.ย Coffeeย is optional.

• 7 months later...

God this is so frustrating. I'm now stuck with a logo on my invoices that I DON'T want. How on earth am I supposed to get rid of it? We print the invoices internally, and with a logo ends up being 2 sheets of paper and not one, which is inconvenient and not eco-friendly.ย 

Any ideas?ย 

Edited by jamierpond
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, to fit our site aesthetic i used a white logo.... guess who's logo doesn't show up at all against the white background of the order invoice?ย ๐Ÿ™‹

I would love to simply be able to switch out the logo on the order invoice to my regular logo so it actually shows. This should be an easy functionality to add Squarespace.ย 

ย 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We also would like to the option to edit our invoice template. Our logo on our website is white, so when it is pulled automatically for the invoice it does not appear on the printout.ย 

Please can the system be updated to allow users to edit their invoice templates and add their own logos?

Edited by devilsbotany
1 hour ago, devilsbotany said:

Our logo on our website is white, so when it is pulled automatically for the invoice it does not appear on the printout.ย 

Please see my post in response to a similar request here:

ย 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been aย Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design โ™ฅ.
Work: I founded and runย SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website.ย 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below.ย Coffeeย is optional.

• 1 month later...

Any updates yet on being able to change out the logo on the invoice for one that is different to your site logo? Additionally, is there a way of exporting invoice data, putting it into a 3rd party invoice app which does have lots of customisable features, and then printing it from a 3rd party app?

34 minutes ago, SamTech said:

is there a way of exporting invoice data, putting it into a 3rd party invoice app which does have lots of customisable features, and then printing it from a 3rd party app?

You can export order data manually (using a CSV file). A developer (or third party) can also obtain order information automatically using the Orders API. Can you provide more information about what you are trying to achieve?

29 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

You can export order data manually (using a CSV file). A developer (or third party) can also obtain order information automatically using the Orders API. Can you provide more information about what you are trying to achieve?

Since SquareSpace have not yet provided a way to flexibly edit the look of them and change logos on invoices, I wanted to find other ways to edit the logo seen on the invoices so that it is individual of the website logo. One example of why I want to do this is to reduce ink usage by using a simpler logo on our invoices that's not a colourful one (I know this may sound petty) but also because we want to use a different logo on the invoice compared to the website as part of our brand image.

It sounds like a very simple feature relative to the efforts gone into making SquareSpace easy to use so I am not too sure why they haven't offered this sort of flexibility.

I want the website to have this red logo and the invoices to display the other logo (please see attached images).

Samtech-logo-red-3.jpg

Samtech-logo-blk-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey y'all, I have a solution -- I use Google Chrome as a browser, and you can install a Plug-in extension called "image replacer" to swap out the white logo on the invoice to a black version of the logo (or swap your logo for any new image).

You only have to do steps 1 & 2 once:

1. Install Plug-in.

2. Copy and paste the URL to the new logo you'll like to use into the plugin's box. Hit save.ย 

3. Open your invoice to print.

3. Click on the google "Image Replacer" plugin and check the Enabled check box.ย 

4. Refresh the page.

BOOM there's a new logo displaying on the page that is 100% printable. Just make sure to disable the image replacer or else all images in chrome will be replaced with your logo.

ย 

- Ryan

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 12.58.01 PM.png

• 4 months later...

I've just joined Squarespace. Using their own template, my header logo is white. I cannot believe that I can't change it so that it shows up on the invoices! I had a lot of control on my previous site, the basic and un-editable invoice that Squarespace provide is pre-historic. I'm shocked, and very disappointed. Why hasn't this been addressed, it must beย  a simple procedure?

I've just joined Squarespace and was pleased, till now. Using their own template, my header logo is white, but the invoice doesn't show my logo because it is printed on a white page! I cannot believe that I can't change it so that it shows up on the invoices. I had a lot of control on my previous site, the basic and un-editable invoice that Squarespace provide is pre-historic. You even can't write a footnote or 'message from shop', I like to thank my customers for their order.

I'm very surprised andย  disappointed. Why hasn't this been addressed, it must be simple, you can change your invoice logo on both Ebay and Etsy. What do other people do so that their name shows on the invoice please?ย 

Edited by stencilstash
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm joining you in this frustration with a white logo.

And I have another frustration.ย  My business name, abn, address is printed under the order details but it's directly under the TOTAL line.ย  No space/spaces between them.ย  Just jutted right up to it.ย  ย How can I get at least a space there, looks silly.ย  ย I guess at least it has my business name being that the logo doesn't print that's something.ย  But I'd like to be able to format it a bit to look more professional.ย ย 

• 1 month later...

I would like to edit the layout of my Order Invoice as well. I use them as packing slips and to be frank they are not visually appealing, the font is tiny and there is not appropriate spacing between lines of text, esp at the footer. I would also like to include a thank you message on the order invoice.

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, Moonmist4769 said:

Hey y'all, I have a solution -- I use Google Chrome as a browser, and you can install a Plug-in extension called "image replacer" to swap out the white logo on the invoice to a black version of the logo (or swap your logo for any new image).

You only have to do steps 1 & 2 once:

1. Install Plug-in.

2. Copy and paste the URL to the new logo you'll like to use into the plugin's box. Hit save.ย 

3. Open your invoice to print.

3. Click on the google "Image Replacer" plugin and check the Enabled check box.ย 

4. Refresh the page.

BOOM there's a new logo displaying on the page that is 100% printable. Just make sure to disable the image replacer or else all images in chrome will be replaced with your logo.

ย 

- Ryan

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 12.58.01 PM.png

This worked perfect! Thank you x100000!!!