changing header on a different page to go back to anchors on main page scroll

Site URL: https://fox-pineapple-3n8p.squarespace.com

Hi, I'm building a site that has a one-page scroll for the majority of the site content. The only pages separate than the home page are the blog entries and, most importantly, the donation page. So all of the main page header items link to anchors on the home page, except for "DONATE", which is a separate page. This is in 7.1.

My problem is that, when you are on a separate page, like the donate page, the anchor links don't work. So if you were on the donate page and wanted to go back to "ABOUT" that link wouldn't work. The anchor links are formatted like "#about" so since there isn't an anchor on the donate page, the link is broken. But I can't change the link to "url.com/#about" because that messes with the scrolling and makes the page reload every time the link is clicked, which is annoying and not pretty.

Can I change the header on these separate pages to have those full links so that the header items will still be attached to the anchors on the main page? Is there a way to inject code into those specific headers to do that? I'm very new to code in general so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

password for the site is Womanity142

• Replies 2
  • Views 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived