Searchable Lists of Items

Site URL: http://kineticukes.org

I am trying to set up a page that has a list of text items, each item having a file linked to it. It is a very long list of items and I'd like users to be able to search it. My understanding is that the only searchable content you can have in a SS site is either the entire site, or a collections page (limited to products, blog posts, gallery, or events). It is beyond cumbersome to try and make each simple text item into a blog post or picture in a gallery.

Is there a workaround for this?

• Replies 2
  • Views 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please post the URL to a page on your site with the list of text/links. It can be an example page that you setup in the Not Linked area. But it would be useful to have the actual list you want to search.

Would something like the following work. You first fill in a text block. Each line has text and then link at the end of each line.

1764768261_ScreenShot2021-01-10at10_13_40PM.png.10eea38ded739b1734eb5c0d6aff3605.png

Then some Javascript turns those lines into an HTML table that DataTables can use. Which looks like something like the following.

695060958_ScreenShot2021-01-10at10_20_41PM.thumb.png.3d080088f8f1754006657f129f6ba1a4.png

This would require a business plan or above to run the Javascript.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived