One time AND subscription options for my products?

Hello

It looks as if you can't give customers the option to choose either a one-time purchase or subscription options for the same product - am I missing something? Not sure why Squarespace wouldn't allow both, seems like a no-brainer.

If i'm not missing something and it actually is impossible, is there a workaround?

Any advice and help appreciated.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just upgraded to the advanced commerce package to set up subscriptions but have also found this to be an issue. Hoping Squarespace can get this fixe ASAP or it doesn't seem worth the extra price! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. After increasing my plan so that I can offer subscription services, I found quickly that it will definitely not work for my company. Even the fact that a customer cant opt out of the subscription makes zero sense to me. Unless this is corrected within the next month we will be moving our site elsewhere.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vibeke said:

I don't mind setting up separate SUBSCRIPTION only products, but I would like to enable customers to manage their subs. We're on 7.0 so not sure if that's no obvious because of our squarespace version, or just not an option at all?

the only thing that subscribers can manage is their payment method, e.g., credit card, associated with their subscriptions. i know this because i am subscribed to a small business that uses Squarespace's subscription feature for their boxes. oh, and i can cancel my subscription but that's about it. i can't change the frequency, can't customize my box, or anything like that. if you're looking for more features, Squarespace doesn't have it. you'd be better off using a third-party subscription service like Member Space or MoonClerk. also, if you won't be able to manage your Squarespace subscribers because there's no Subscription Dashboard - you'll have to keep track of your subscribers separately.