Disable Customer Order Shipping Emails

Is there an easy way to disable or modify the automatic customer order emails that are sent once a shipped product is fulfilled?

I use ShipStation for my tracking information emails to my customers (I ship from multiple warehouses so this allows multiple split shipments/tacking numbers that Squarespace does not support) and I don't want to send my customers double emails.

An alternative could be also, if it's impossible to disable these, to at least modify them so that tracking information is not included.

Order notification emails (the transactional notifications your customers receive about their orders and shipping information) cannot be disabled. However, you can customise the subject, title, and message body of each email. For more information, see https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049390031

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to disable automatic order emails my customer receives when an order is shipped out on my website via developer backend custom coding.

I've asked this question previously to see if it was possible with the existing Squarespace setup or adding a snippet of code but realize it is not possible. Now I'm looking for a developer who can make this happen on the back end... if it is even possible (I'm not a developer myself, just savvy enough to add in occasional copy-paste code to my website).

The problem:

Currently when orders are shipped they receive tracking information directly through ShipStation. The emails from Squarespace are sadly lacking, primarily due to the fact that they don't have the split-ship/multiple tracking number functionality.

Often I need to ship multiple packages to a customer (a rolled print from one warehouse, a small box from another)... however Squarespace doesn't take into account multiple order information and just says the entire order is shipped. This is very frustrating for me and my customers. (I've discussed this issue at length with half a dozen people from support and also asked here about a setting solution there is no solution on the Squarespace side.)

Anyways that brings me back to turning off these emails all-together, specifically the Order fulfilled email.

I'm willing to pay someone to code something for me that will do this if it is even possible.

Thanks!

Edited by Naomi
59 minutes ago, Naomi said:

I'm looking for a way to disable automatic order emails my customer receives when an order is shipped. I'm looking for a developer who can make this happen on the back end... if it is even possible.

Hi Naomi

I wish I could give you better news, but it is not possible to disable Order Fulfilled notifications on Squarespace - even as an experienced developer. The notifications are managed in an area of Squarespace that is only available to Squarespace's own engineers. 

Of course if you are manually marking orders as fulfilled in the Squarespace Orders panel, you can untick "Send Order Fulfilled Notification" to prevent an Order Fulfilled notification from being sent for that particular order, but this has to be done manually for each order.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2021 at 1:01 AM, Naomi said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to disable automatic order emails my customer receives when an order is shipped out on my website via developer backend custom coding.

I've asked this question previously to see if it was possible with the existing Squarespace setup or adding a snippet of code but realize it is not possible. Now I'm looking for a developer who can make this happen on the back end... if it is even possible (I'm not a developer myself, just savvy enough to add in occasional copy-paste code to my website).

The problem:

Currently when orders are shipped they receive tracking information directly through ShipStation. The emails from Squarespace are sadly lacking, primarily due to the fact that they don't have the split-ship/multiple tracking number functionality.

Often I need to ship multiple packages to a customer (a rolled print from one warehouse, a small box from another)... however Squarespace doesn't take into account multiple order information and just says the entire order is shipped. This is very frustrating for me and my customers. (I've discussed this issue at length with half a dozen people from support and also asked here about a setting solution there is no solution on the Squarespace side.)

Anyways that brings me back to turning off these emails all-together, specifically the Order fulfilled email.

I'm willing to pay someone to code something for me that will do this if it is even possible.

Thanks!

I think you can use Shipstation webhook and Squarespace api to mark order fulfilled

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

41 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

I think you can use Shipstation webhook and Squarespace api to mark order fulfilled

Yes you can, but this doesn't turn off the "Order Fulfilled" emails. Squarespace will still send the "Order Fulfilled" email to the customer. 

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Hackgirl said:

How is this done???? I don't see any place to untick.

Click on an order within Commerce > Orders. When the order details are shown, click MARK FULFILLED. In the window that opens you'll see a checkbox that you can uncheck. As I mentioned in my previous post, this has to be done manually for each order. 

318804217_mark-fulfilledcheckbox-highlighted.thumb.jpg.aefd47670772db3446e05689891e7c15.jpg

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

I'm not sure I understand. Are you having difficulty exporting?

The buttons should be below your screenshot.

699911910_Screenshot2021-12-11at18_23_32.thumb.png.f05d16bc9e68bae466e72a292ec7a8dc.png

1 hour ago, Hackgirl said:

where is it saved to?

It will depend on your device. Usually it’s in your downloads folder. 

3 hours ago, Hackgirl said:

I hit save,,,, where is it saved to?? I dont see it.

I can't say for sure for the particular feature but in most cases and export save as a file on your computer. Look in the place where files are usually downloaded when downloading from your web browser.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.