Can someone please help me with lightbox ratio?

Site URL: https://www.tealcanvas.com

Hi!

So we are prelaunch, so still password protected.  We are showcasing artists for unique, personal commissions.  Each artist has their own "product" page.  In each product page, we are showing 10 plus examples of their prior work to show their individual style.  We would like to lightbox each work in the page so it pops out.  Here is the issue, each of the different art pieces in the product page is represented in a 2:3 vertical ration. However, when you click to lightbox each work, it shows in a stretched horizontal representation so all you can see is the middle of the painting stretched out (hope this makes sense).  There is no way in squarespace to natively change the lightbox ratio so the paintings are popped out as presented. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Screenshot (137).png

Screenshot (138).png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TealCanvasArt said:

Site URL: https://www.tealcanvas.com

Hi!

So we are prelaunch, so still password protected.  We are showcasing artists for unique, personal commissions.  Each artist has their own "product" page.  In each product page, we are showing 10 plus examples of their prior work to show their individual style.  We would like to lightbox each work in the page so it pops out.  Here is the issue, each of the different art pieces in the product page is represented in a 2:3 vertical ration. However, when you click to lightbox each work, it shows in a stretched horizontal representation so all you can see is the middle of the painting stretched out (hope this makes sense).  There is no way in squarespace to natively change the lightbox ratio so the paintings are popped out as presented. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Screenshot (137).png

Screenshot (138).png

Please provide temp password to give solid suggestion

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

www.tealcanvas.com

Tealcanvas0202

Thank you so much in advance.  I turned off the lightbox feature I have a few people looking at the page, but I turned it back on now.  I have a friend who looked into it and gave the following feedback..

"

figured it out but not sure why
as soon as you resize the browser even 1 pixel it works
im wondering if its just an edit bug
might be
i have a feeling it might have something to do with viewing it within the edit dialogue
lightbox works on jquery so it might work properly in a normal setting. not sure but worth checking
35 minutes ago, TealCanvasArt said:

www.tealcanvas.com

Tealcanvas0202

Thank you so much in advance.  I turned off the lightbox feature I have a few people looking at the page, but I turned it back on now.  I have a friend who looked into it and gave the following feedback..

"

figured it out but not sure why
as soon as you resize the browser even 1 pixel it works
im wondering if its just an edit bug
might be
i have a feeling it might have something to do with viewing it within the edit dialogue
lightbox works on jquery so it might work properly in a normal setting. not sure but worth checking

Add this Design->Custom css

.gallery-lightbox-item-img img {
  width: auto !important;
}
.gallery-lightbox-item-img {
  text-align: center;
}

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived