Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Member areas: manual account creation / require approval

We're working to build a members area for wholesale partners. As far as I can tell, through the Squarespace Members signup process, anyone can sign up for an account and be granted immediate access. This creates a problem for us, as we need to ensure the information beyond login is restricted to wholesale partners only.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to either mark applications as pending / requiring approval? Or, is there a way to disable the signup option all together and manually create member accounts?

Is there a way to edit the signup form itself to require additional info from prospective members?

Also, are there unique identifiers (member ID's) available somewhere in the admin backend?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're working to build a members area for wholesale partners. As far as I can tell, through the Squarespace Members signup process, anyone can sign up for an account and be granted immediate access. T

Hi there! 😀 Ward, from MemberSpace here.Right now, you cannot do that using Member Areas. Access is granted as soon as they join.Have you checked out MemberSpace? We're a third-party tool that offers

I desperately need these features in place so anyone cannot sign up and get instant access to the hidden content. 

Hi there! 😀 Ward, from MemberSpace here.

Right now, you cannot do that using Member Areas. Access is granted as soon as they join.

Have you checked out MemberSpace? We're a third-party tool that offers complementary services to fit more complex membership site needs. With MemberSpace, you have manually pre-approve your members. Whenever anyone tries to join a Member Plan you offer, they will be shown a message you choose until you manually approve them.

Also, with MemberSpace, you have the chance of customizing your sign-up fields to anything you want. 
MemberSpace is developed for non-developers 😉 and super user-friendly. Please find more information about us here, and let me know if you have any questions 🙂

• 1 month later...

I'm following this - I already use memberspace elsewhere but was hoping to simplify my Member areas as I now have 2-3 distinctly separate member sections within the website with different content for wholesale/B2B content.

• 2 months later...

I second that. I made the mistake of creating my member area before checking on this. Now I have a member area that anyone can become a member of. I need some control over who can and cannot become a member as my payment structure is done outside of the SQSP environment. I don't think directly linking to the member area via email all the time is an acceptable option. 

i'm wondering -- did Squarespace not beta test the Members Area before they released it in the wild? it's obviously lacking a number of basic features one would expect from a membership area. 

Same. We want to grow our new business platform on Members Area but giving up as there's no roadmap or signs of improvement. We want to see manual approval option, zapier triggers and a better community function. 

👋 Hi @LachyNicolson! Ward, from MemberSpace here. 

Have you checked out MemberSpace? We're a third-party tool that integrates with SquareSpace and offers complementary services to fit more complex membership site needs. 

With MemberSpace, you could easily set up what you mentioned! We allow you too manually pre-approve your members,  host your own community and we also we integrate with Zapier! MemberSpace is developed for non-developers 😉 and super user-friendly. Please, let me know if you have any questions. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone raised this as a suggested feature with SquareSpace?

I've done the same thing - created a 'free' members area for a not-for-profit client but need to

• Collect additional information about the 'group' they belong to and their role
  • Have manual approval in place based on answers to the above

MemberSpace looks like it might do the job but I can't ask the client to swallow another $25/month having just got them to sign up to members areas...

John

breathe.design