Squarespace hidden costs

Hey guys, 

recently signed up to square space after running my personal site on wordpress and not loving the disconnected nightmare that it is. However, after initially costing up square space and thinking it's more but worth it to lower management time. It now just seems to keep mounting for basic services that I've never had to pay for. 

Usually I take out hosting, a domain is thrown in with the deal or the first year, only with higher end subscriptions here. Oh well not to worry, take the hit. Then I find the only option is gmail, not hugely happy with using gmail anyway but ok. so then boom £6p/m oh ok.. well thats not much, though that has always come with my domain and hosting as an included standard. Then to find out it is that per email address/inbox. so if i want hello@ support@ billing@ I have to pay for each? 

I can't be right about this am I? 

I am a designer, maybe I am coming with different expectations and a knowledge of the market that most squarespace users wouldn't question? I know it is largely aimed at non-technical types. 

I'd love some advice whilst I'm still in the 14 days or am I taking that for granted as a normal with companies as well?

*Excuse the disgruntled tone, tried to keep it down but I am writing this in the heat of the emotion. 

• Replies 2
  • Views 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Gsuite, you can create up to 30 alias email hello@ info@ abcxyz@ ... all emails sent to them will go to a single email. However, when sending email to others, you can choose to send email as one of those 30 emails.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived