Editing my SquareSpace site is becoming more and more difficult, is the editing tool changing?

Site URL: https://www.communityrenewalsociety.org/

The look of the editor has changed. The site editing tool has been changing over the past few months.  I can no longer cut/paste text without removing all formatting with notepad first. I can't delete imbedded videos from my pages.  Some pages have to be duplicated before I can edit them.  What is going on?  I have a decent web connection.  Everyone on my team is experiencing the same problem.  Is anyone else experiencing recent difficulty editing their SquareSpace site? Does anyone have a solution?  How can I get my old editing tool back? Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately I feel that the editor is slipping a bit.

I signed up to Squarespace since they offered the easiest editing tool, and this was because of the pre-made templates that were impossible to mess up. Every module just looked good.

Then for some reason, they went the route of their competitors and started going away from templates and now everything is "customizable" which makes it easier to mess up. 

But I also have:

-trouble with things looking good in desktop then being messed up in mobile view.

-trouble with finding the selected elements in the list when changing colors, it doesn't seem to work anymore?

-trouble with hickups and lagging. Sometimes having to reload the page, causing me to lose changes I made.

I would really like the old tool back, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

If some people want more editing options, offer a advanced editor but don't make it harder for your core audience.

Thanks otherwise for a good product.