Changing markdown block font size

Site URL: http://cafephd.com

I'm trying to do something basic (Squarespace 7.1) but I'm not a coder. 

The text in Markdown mode is always smaller than the content inside text blocks on the site. After some testing, it appears that Markdown blocks are automatically set to p2 styles, not p1. As many of you know, p1 is what we need to use for the majority of the content on our sites for SEO reasons (as I'm not a developer, I've double checked this with a friend who codes for a living).

I want the Markdown text size to automatically match the text block font size (and I need both to match my p1 font size settings). And yes, I'm 100% aware that messing with code and Markdown isn't ideal if you're not a coder, but I need to add snippets of code in order to use affiliate links to monetize my site. Using a code block is also an option, but avoiding the code block AND the markdown block won't work for my business.

I'm also aware that there are ways to hard code a font size every time you use a Markdown blog, but this seems way too clunky. If I have 500 posts someday, and want to change my font size, I don't want to edit every Markdown block in every post I've ever made.

Is there a setting for styling font in markdown or code blocks, or do I need to use custom CSS to override Squarespace's settings? Thanks for the help!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...