How to Link to Individual Item within Portfolio Page

Site URL: https://www.hammerheadaudio.com/

Hi, I'm trying to create a link on my site to an individual item in a portfolio page I set up. When I try to add a page link to the slug for the individual portfolio item it don't show up in the drop down, I just get the slug for the whole portfolio. Then when I try to enter the slug manually, it doesn't allow me to enter anything past the slug for the whole portfolio, I type but no letters appear: 

855871633_ScreenShot2021-01-05at12_29_29PM.thumb.png.0e5c7770d8816f26aadffeef5385cc83.png

I'm currently getting around this by just making it a web link to "hammerheadaudio.com/designs/ne1" but I'm not sure if that's going to create some inefficiency and slow down navigation for visitors to my site. 

It seems like this is maybe a planned feature, which is really frustrating. Clearly it's possible to link to a specific item, seeing as I'm doing it with a web link, but for some reason page link arbitrarily refuses to allow this. If this is intentional it's incredibly poor design, absolutely no good reason for it to be this way. Please fix in next update. 

If there's something I'm doing wrong here please let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 12:40 AM, JamesRoeser said:

I am also wondering how I can change the URL to be an external link, rather than locked to a specific URL slug. Please help @Squarespace Guru

You will need to use script to do this. Each url needs a different code. 

Do you need help with this?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 1:35 PM, grinch said:

Site URL: https://www.hammerheadaudio.com/

Hi, I'm trying to create a link on my site to an individual item in a portfolio page I set up. When I try to add a page link to the slug for the individual portfolio item it don't show up in the drop down, I just get the slug for the whole portfolio. Then when I try to enter the slug manually, it doesn't allow me to enter anything past the slug for the whole portfolio, I type but no letters appear: 

855871633_ScreenShot2021-01-05at12_29_29PM.thumb.png.0e5c7770d8816f26aadffeef5385cc83.png

I'm currently getting around this by just making it a web link to "hammerheadaudio.com/designs/ne1" but I'm not sure if that's going to create some inefficiency and slow down navigation for visitors to my site. 

It seems like this is maybe a planned feature, which is really frustrating. Clearly it's possible to link to a specific item, seeing as I'm doing it with a web link, but for some reason page link arbitrarily refuses to allow this. If this is intentional it's incredibly poor design, absolutely no good reason for it to be this way. Please fix in next update. 

If there's something I'm doing wrong here please let me know. 

Same question here! Did you get it resolved? To link to a specific portfolio item without using the full http URL. 

• 6 months later...

I too need to link to a Portfolio item/project (not the entire Portfolio).

From a content box on the Home page (see attached image) , I have inserted a text link and also a button link (trying different elements to get this to work!), using the slug pasted after the Portfolio Page slug, this way:

/project-portfolio/walnut-creek-whole-home-remodel

but when I click on any of the links, or the button containing the portfolio page project /item I get this error message:

We couldn't find the page you were looking for. This is either because:

• There is an error in the URL entered into your web browser. Please check the URL and try again.
  • The page you are looking for has been moved or deleted.

You can return to our homepage by clicking here, or you can try searching for the content you are seeking by clicking here.

My site is not published yet, but I've created many sites, and linking to pages within the site during development has never been a problem.

How do I create a simple text or button link to a single Portfolio item??

Thank you.

Elaine

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 2.47.01 PM.png