How to replicate Index page utility with Portfolio in 7.1

So this is my first time creating a website with 7.1. Not happy about it but willing to adjust and learn. One of the main issues I've run into is the feature of Index Pages not being available. From what I've read, the Portfolio page is the way to create an index page in 7.1.

Just when I thought I was finished designing the framework of this page, I realized I have to have project pages created that will then show up at the bottom of the page. If I do not create project pages, a huge white space will exist before the footer.

My first hack attempt was to create a contact section with the project section/pages. Looks like even if I list the Contact Text Link, it still shows the huge white space. Has anyone figured out a workaround?

I will not be using anchor links for this index/portfolio page, but I'm sure I will for future projects. Does anyone know how to do that with Portfolio pages?

P.S. I miss index pages...

• Replies 5
  • Views 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, geearias said:

@tuanphanthank you for your response. Here's the page http://houstonpaints.squarespace.com/home

PW: 1234

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  .portfolio-hover {
    display: none !important;
}
</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived