Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

iOS 14 Update and Facebook Conversions API

Go to solution Solved by GlynMusica,

A lot of my clients are social media managers and paid social marketers and are getting very worried about the iOS 14 update.  I can see that Squarespace isn't a partner so wondered what others were doing about this and whether anyone was 'worried' about it.  Do others see this as being a big issue?  I'm still looking into it myself so not sure about how greatly the tracking is affected and whether Pixel events will stop working completely or whether it's only an issue for large businesses tracking a high number of events such as large ecomm or coach with multiple landing pages / lead magnets?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's already a huge problem but the ad-networks are not talking about it.

I've also written to SquareSpace because it should not be too hard getting Conversion API working with SS websites. Consider that there are 3rd party plugins for wordpress that enable this functionality.

In terms of the actual implementation on SS client side it should literally be just adding the authorization token, but there will be some programming needed.

Typically you are going to be losing 20-30% of conversions tracking to IOS but other providers will follow suite, whether browser or tech based, for example Firefox already blocks the trackers.

You can send a max of 8 events, custom conversions will basically only fire through browser. Pixel events will only fire when there are no ad-blockers or other things in place. That is when the server side will fall-back.

This has been going on for at least 2 years. Expect once implemented your conversions to go up.

Or at the moment just remove Apple devices from all campaign targeting.

Glyn

Edited by GlynMusica
clarity

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Just wondering if anyone has found the solution to this? I have a client who manages Facebook ads for multiple clients with Squarespace sites and I need to integrate Facebook Conversions API with each site. 

Any help with be super appreciated! 

I am 99% sure that just as with other CMS provides, Facebook CAPI implementation can only be done by SquareSpace themselves. Not sure if the Developer route open more doors, but I have already written to SS and asked them about when they will roll-out CAPI, so I suggest you do that too!

Considering that a data payload using an Access Token attached to conversion points on the website needs to be fired with certain events such as purchases on buttons etc.

I am hoping they are working on it and that we will just see either being asked to add the Access Token from Google Business Manager, or that it will be even easier as they do a straight partner implementation like Facebook and you can just connect from Facebook Business Manager without doing anything.

In terms of timeline IOS has not rolled out it's update and Facebook still has to release an events priority manager for Business Manager so perhaps SS is waiting on this before making systematic changes.

G.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale