Site Doesn't Scroll to Top when clicking link below

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Avenue as well. It seems to happen with pages in the index that have a lot of content. The page won't scoll to top until the most of the content loads. I played around with this and if I go to the page by itself (remove the /# from the address in the browser bar) then the next time I click the thumbnail, the index page goes right to the top becuase the page is in the cache. I have done a combination of the following, reduced the content on the pages and or file size that don't load quickly. Make sure there is no header or footer specific content for any page in the index, is another way to reduce the load time.

I also added a back to top button so the viewer can get there without waiting for the index page to do it for them.  

I noticed one thing about your site. My index page is not my home page so it has a URL slug. I started using a landing page sometime ago, allows my content heavy pages in the  index  a change to load up before visitors hit the index page. They have to click an action button to get to that page or my blog/story summary page. You will see it if you visit my site. The landing page is called Montage, could be something you could try. 

https://www.adlyticmarketing.com/blog/squarespace-how-to-add-a-back-to-top-button/

my random views

Think there's anyway to tell the site to scroll to the top, even if all content hasn't loaded? 

My field / colleagues typically have portfolios like mine with a lot of content. Maybe I should consider another template that doesn't have this problem.

Archived