• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Add Phone Number & Email Links to Header Bar or Banner Above Header Bar

jrlang13

Question

Site URL: https://finch-plane-n82h.squarespace.com/

I am a coding novice so please forgive me if this is a very simple fix!

I would like to add my client's phone number and email address as clickable links either at the top of the header bar or in a separate banner above the header bar. How can I add do this?

I tried adding the below code to the header section of Code Injection for the phone number, which I found on an earlier forum post, but when I hit "save" I see the number flash at the top of the header but then it disappears:

<div style="text-align: right;"><b>Contact Us at <a href="tel:555-555-5555">555-555-5555</a></b></div>

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by jrlang13
  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

No problem. You can do this without code. It's built into your dashboard. In your dashboard, go to Pages, then click the + in your Main Navigation. Add a link. Enter the phone number you wan

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

No problem. You can do this without code. It's built into your dashboard.

In your dashboard, go to Pages, then click the + in your Main Navigation. Add a link.

Enter the phone number you want the link to display as, and for the address enter "tel:1234567890" but obviously change the telephone number. Repeat this process with the email address, but for its link, type "mailto:me@you.us", and again change the email to the appropriate address.

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 7.58.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 7.59.40 PM.png

Thank you for the info! I was hoping to add the phone number and email address above the main nav. Is that possible with this method? I gave it a try and it shows up as a menu option, which is not what the client is looking for. Thank you!