Slideshow image captions font size is too small

I'm working on a new site in 7.1, it's still in the trial so I can't provide the url yet. I have images in a slideshow on a project page, and I've turned on captions (showing the description) but the font size is so tiny compared to all the other text I think it would be too small for some people to read. This seems like a problem for accessibility. Is there any way to change it? As it is a website about art, the descriptions of the slideshow images are very important to viewers.

The base font is 16px.

I tried custom css (below) but it doesn't have any effect, and I gather the caption font can not be changed. 

I changed the base font to 24 px and it had no effect on the caption text size.

.gallery-item-description {
      font-size: 2rem; color: #fff;
    }

• Replies 2
  • Views 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey @StarBytes,

Still having trouble with this? It's hard to guess without a link, but you may need to append !important; to your CSS rules like so:

.gallery-item-description {
  font-size: 2rem !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}

And of the top of my head, it's possible you might instead need to target a descendant of the gallery description class:

.gallery-item-description p {
  font-size: 2rem !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}

Hope this helps!
-Tyler

The above post may be outdated. I’m no longer active in the Squarespace ecosystem, so I won’t see your direct messages. For better resources about web accessibility, I’ve documented some of my thoughts on my forum profile.

Archived