Donations at checkout

Site URL: https://paffemondial.com/

Hi Everyone,

I hope you have managed to get through this torrid year with your spirits and resolve still in tact. I am hoping to add a donation option to my website for when customers are at the checkout. Ideally, I would love to have an option to round up the amount to the nearest whole number (much like supermarkets often do) with the rounded amount going to charity. I this is not possible, an option simply to donate a suggested amount would be brilliant.

Thank you in advance for any help - I look forward to seeing what you brilliant bunch come up with!

Love,
Paffé

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would also love to know if this is possible! We make ceramic sculptures of native NZ creatures and we would like to give our customers the opportunity to add on a small donation when they buy a sculpture (at checkout). I can't see a way to do this currently, but if anyone has a clever way please share!

5 hours ago, J9O said:

we would like to give our customers the opportunity to add on a small donation when they buy a sculpture

With code, it is possible to do this on the cart page.

Brad @ThompsonWebDesign has an add-on available here: https://thompsonweb.design/squarespace-plugins/p/tip-gratuity-plugin-squarespace

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

We have tried the plugin and though it works fairly well, unfortunately there is no way to have people add a tip without it being taxed - unless you set it up as a service product and set no taxes on service products. Unfortunately, we sell to-go food - so all our products have to be service products - not physical - since Squarespace requires physical products to have shipping info. 

We received complaints from customers that their tips were having sales tax added, and furthermore, this is technically not even legal in California. 

Maybe Squarespace will eventually figure out a way to implement this feature? We have been working on it for over a year.

• 1 month later...

I purchased the Add a Tip plug-in from Thompson Web Design--recommended by paul2009 above--and modified text so people could add an optional donation at the time they purchased a ticket for a virtual musical event.  I had some challenges setting it up and Bradley Thompson was extremely helpful, responding promptly to e-mails.  If you're selling a service product--and don't have to contend with the tax issues mentioned by aladdinsane--I recommend the plug-in.