Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Site URL: https://www.quirkilymade.com/

Hi there,

Hope you've had a wonderful festive season wherever you are 🙂
I have a couple of questions around Dark Mode in Squarespace 7.1, I'm still figuring my way around 7.1 so I'm still working my way around the rodeo of 7.1.

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could optimise/set colour choices to text/section blocks in dark mode for my site or to swap out my site logo (currently a png with black linework on a transparent background) with versions in white/reversed in dark mode?

Not sure this is possible yet within 7.1 or if this is something that can be done through CSS customisation (preferably not Javascript/JQuery since I'm on the personal plan).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

@derricksrandomviews

Hi, that would be right, thanks!

Ah, sorry I missed that - here's the password:
quirkilymade2020

I guess the logo in the header section (both mobile and desktop versions) is the main area of focus. 

The other is the section background for 'What I do' under the 'About' page.

Let me know if you need more info?

Cheers!

• 7 months later...
On 8/6/2021 at 12:52 PM, Ebonyhoi said:

I have set this up on my site and its working well but the toggle doesnt appear on the mobile version - does anyone know how to make this happen? 

Can you share link to your site? We can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, is this video still considered the best or only way to have a dark mode on 7.1? It's a feature I very much want but have seen mixed reviews on this particular css, plus it's a little out of my field.

If anyone has newer alternatives or simpler options for a dark mode feature then please let me know.

Thanks!