Adding Superscript throughout website to a company name

Site URL: https://earthworm-octahedron-jelm.squarespace.com/

I have been reading older posts about using Code Blocks to add a superscript. The company I am working with has a ® at the end of their name. The site is pretty much built and now I need to figure out how to turn every ® in body copy and headlines to a superscript.

Is there any easy way to do this with code block? When I tried by adding ..  <p>TommyBars<sup>®</sup> text.</p> I basically ended up with the code block showing the right thing and nothing else. I really don't want to go back and redo all the type in multiple markdown blocks. 

Thanks so much.

Katherine

Password: TBZigg3

• Replies 8
  • Views 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try this in your footer Code Injection.

<script>
  /* superscripting all ® which aren't already */ 
window.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(){
    document.querySelectorAll("p, a, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, label").forEach(function (el) {
        el.innerHTML = el.innerHTML.replace(/®(?!\<\/sup)/g, "<sup>®</sup>");
    })
});
</script>

Hi @tazmeah. It's me again. You have been so helpful and I am hoping you might be able to resolve a problem with the code above for the superscript. The code does exactly what I need in terms of the registration superscript for for some reason it then deletes the two gallery blocks (film photos and media logs) below the testimonial gallery block. I tried deleting the gallery blocks below and adding them as a new section and that didn't work. Basically anything below the testimonial was blank. Do you have any idea why? Thanks so much. I am new to SquareSpace and on a big learning curve and this forum and people like you have been so helpful. It is very much appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 11.23.04.png

On 1/4/2021 at 6:26 PM, BrownKatUK said:

Hi @tazmeah. It's me again. You have been so helpful and I am hoping you might be able to resolve a problem with the code above for the superscript. The code does exactly what I need in terms of the registration superscript for for some reason it then deletes the two gallery blocks (film photos and media logs) below the testimonial gallery block. I tried deleting the gallery blocks below and adding them as a new section and that didn't work. Basically anything below the testimonial was blank. Do you have any idea why? Thanks so much. I am new to SquareSpace and on a big learning curve and this forum and people like you have been so helpful. It is very much appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 11.23.04.png

Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

@tazmeah I came across this thread and your solution helped me solve my issue to some extent, but I hope you can give some additional guidance. I'm using the ® in the title for a range of products. When viewing the product in detail the ® is superscript, but when looking at the products overview/product grid, it's not. Is there something that can be added to the code to achieve it here also?

Thanks for your help!

Archived