New Content Announcements for Users

I apologize in advance if I am a little long winded with this question.  I just want to make sure I am explaining it right.

If it's possible, I want my traffic to know when new material has been added.  It can be in the form of an auto-generated email, "New Content" monikers alongside menu headers, or an option for users to go to "non-viewed" content.  In essence, I want my traffic to know when new content has been added and not viewed.  Hopefully this is an easy process through Squarespace options and not a coding job, as I am a pure novice when it comes to coding.

Thanks for taking the time!

• Replies 1
  • Views 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No question is too long to ask here. 

Well a rss feed will do that for you.  I do  that for followers of my story blog. I use a third party option called Follow.it (I replaced Google's Feedburner) that I had before SS started offering mailchimp RSS feed integration. They do that for lots of content not just blog posts.   Here is the info on it:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/215761717-Using-RSS-feeds

You can also collect email newsletter subscriptions and send out a notification yourself when you add new content. I prefer using a RSS feed, and the free service I use gives four main options, a heads up and link to the sites new content or it sends the post out in a format that lets you read and see the content in the email itself are the most popular. 

Here is mine if you wish to take a look, just click the button "Follow my stories."

https://myrandomviews.com/storysummary. You may want to consider signing up just to see what it is like for users. I am posting some new content in the next day or two. 

Archived