Organize Image Import Gallery

How can I delete images from the "imported gallery"?   
I have uploaded images that look the same but are vastly different in resolution, size and crop.

It is confusing to know which images I am using on the website and which I am not.  

I want to delete or designate the images I am not using so I can organize my "imported gallery" 

Thank you so much for your professional advice.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no option to delete images directly from the imported image search gallery.  What is supposed to happen is when you  delete all postings of an image from your site,  that image deletes itsefl from the import gallery. The request is in with SS folks to modify the gallery so that it can be managed by users. 

I personally don't use that search gallery at all. I manage all my images using a Sony image management program (its freeware)

I upload an image everytime I want to use it, even if it is posted in duplicate places at the same time. 

I think I need to rethink my habits. I have been working from server access since Netscape days when, low K-weight, file folder organization and using an image more then once was a necessity. I still find myself hand coding pages because it seems easier. 

Just so I understand what you are telling me,

• Squarespace at some point will delete the images that I am not using
  • Upload an image every time I need one on my site.
  • Use an image only once.

If the above is correct then the process of organization is very simple and succinct.  

Is the Sony Image Management an FTP software or is it like Lightroom or both?

I really appreciate your professional advice.

Thank you for your time ! 🙂

The Sony sofware is a simple, easy to use, effective,  file management/folder organization program called Play Memories Home. It has simple photo and video editing and it imports images from my Sony cameras and well as my flatbed scanner. When uploading images to my site, I open up the Sony Play thumbnails in a window,  (daily view, monthly view, or folder name listing lots of ways to seach for an image) find the images I want to use, right click it and open the containment folder.  Then I open  the SS config media window. I put both windows up on my screeen side by side and drag the imge from my storage folder to my website. I think it is a bit like lightroom which my daughter who is a professional photographer uses to edit and manage her images. I manage her website for her. 

https://christinegregoryphotography.com/

Here is the link to Play Memories Home. 

https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/download/playmemories-home/win/en/index.html

As far as your bullet points on your post, first  answer is yes.

Second, you don't have to but I do because it is easier for me anyway to find it in my Sony program than it is to find it in Squarspace's  import gallery. 

Third, with my method I may end up uploading the same image more than once but the file name is always the same so I don't think it duplicates in Squarspace's import  storage gallery, but I have never spent much time looking at it so I don't know for sure. 

I agree on having better management of the imported images.  On one hand, I see the danger of a user deleting an image that's used in multiple locations without realizing.  On the other, like the user above I've uploaded 3-4 different versions of the company Logo with different padding amounts.  Even though I clicked "delete" on each wrong version and only clicked "Save" once when done editing the Header, it still saved each of the Logo versions I tested out.   Wish I could delete the others to avoid any confusion in the future.

I also tried a method I read about accessing the (Link) panel while editing any text and clicking the Gear > then going to the "File" tab but there wasn't anything there.   Not sure if that method ever had a chance of working anyway.  

Archived