Instagram Feed Videos not displaying

Hello -

I've embedded instagram videos in the past on my Squarespace site by simply using a link. Now, for some reason... my site no longer allows me to embed instagram videos. I have tried the following, all failing:

- using "video" insert on squarespace and pasting link from instagram video

result: nothing

- using "video" insert on squarespace and pasting the full embed link from instagram

result: messaged telling me video cannot be located

- using "embed" insert on squarespace and pasting link from instagram video

result: nothing

- using "embed" insert on squarespace and pasting the full embed link from instagram

result: instagram block appears, and it is linked to the instagram video but it does not display the video on my site. This is not only the case while i am editing my site but also when i visit the site (see attachment for reference)

All these methods previously worked for me

I even currently have an unpublished page from an old version of my website that has a functioning embedded instagram video in it... It just does not allow me to embed any new ones.

Embedding videos from vimeo does work. I want to specifically embed Instagram videos because its A) its easier for me and B) they loop. If someone knows how to get embedded videos from vimeo to loop, please let me know!! This could be a potential workaround for me.

Please help!!! Any help is much appreciated <3

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 7.08.17 PM.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I have the exact same issue and have gotten confusing explanations from support.

One thing that sometimes worked for me is copy the IG embed code, make an embed block, click the little grey </> on the prompt of the embed block, paste in the embed code. Then it shows up like an empty IG block in the preview, as if it didn't take. THEN save it and preview it, it shows up.

However, you can't have a caption on the block, and sometimes the layout does crazy things.

Edited by h42el
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 7:07 PM, h42el said:

Hi there, I have the exact same issue and have gotten confusing explanations from support.

One thing that sometimes worked for me is copy the IG embed code, make an embed block, click the little grey </> on the prompt of the embed block, paste in the embed code. Then it shows up like an empty IG block in the preview, as if it didn't take. THEN save it and preview it, it shows up.

However, you can't have a caption on the block, and sometimes the layout does crazy things.

Hi. Have you solved this yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Site URL: https://www.louisecrozier.com/

Has anyone else seen an issue where video posts aren't displaying in a Squarespace Instagram feed? My latest two Instagram posts are both videos and not displaying. Seems like there's a glitch as when I refresh the page I can see a video post quickly appear and then it disappears behind my third post. Screenshot below captures the instant it disappears 2 seconds after page load. Thanks

Note: Usually there's 6 images full width, I've never seen it do this but then again I don't post Instagram videos often.

insta-test.jpg

Edited by Lou_90_
more info
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I get a message in place of my IG video "Custom featured images only available with embedded videos. Go back into embed settings to turn off featured images". Googling it I see tons of people have this message on their squarespace site

seems this forum is no help 

I get a message in place of my IG video "Custom featured images only available with embedded videos. Go back into embed settings to turn off featured images". Googling it I see tons of people have this message on their squarespace site

I see lots of square spaces online with the same message when I do a google search yet there is not solution to be found