Custom CSS

• Replies 5
  • Views 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Don't be offended but I assume you saved the custom css?  There is also this code for white background behind title banner text. Since we can't view your site, its hard to  provide you with the exact code you need without guessing. 

h1#page-title {
        display: inline;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        padding-left: 10px;
        padding-right: 10px;
   }

Hi, yes I saved it and the weird thing is, when I go back into the CSS it shows up as it should on the page. it's only when I go out of it and refresh that it disappears

That code didn't work but this is my page: https://leticiajcollins.com/#soc-vip

and I've attached a picture of how it should appear

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 17.13.05.png

13 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Your page is in an index, If that is so, n try putting your code into advanced header of the page or use a markdown block on the page, instead of custom css. 

You will need to add this at both ends  of the code: 

<style>

What code do I put into the markdown? Where do I add the text?

If your id block is correct and I ask that because those numbers should target a specfic item on your site, which will be different than someone elses site:

<style>

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1608647010550_29564 {
background: #ffff;
padding: 50px;
}

<style>

the code I provided is site wide unles you post it on a specific page.  Try them one at a time in the page advanced header code injection, which requires a business plan. The other option is edit the page insert a markdown block and insert the code. That option does not require a business plan. Now sometimes code doesn't work, it does strange things like blank a page or stop the mouse from working, but don't panic if something like that happens just delete the code. 

<style>
h1#page-title {
        display: inline;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        padding-left: 10px;
        padding-right: 10px;
   } 
<style>

Archived