Connecting my Church's Facebook Page

I'd like to connect our Church's Squarespace site (not yet public) to our Facebook page. According to the how to for connecting Facebook, it requires linking to the FB page through a personal FB account. I suppose that's a FB limitation, since FB pages are administered through individual FB accounts. However, I'd like to make sure the link to our FB page doesn't get broken if the person managing the FB page changes. 

In other words, if I link to our FB page through Joe Smith's account and Joe Smith steps down or is removed as our FB admin, does the link to our site get broken?  If so, is there a way to make the link to the FB page not dependent on any one individual's account?

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I had a chat with Squarespace support and it doesn't look like there's a way to link to a FB page without going through a personal FB account. Once linked, you can set it to post to the FB page only (see the link I posted above), but it remains linked through that personal FB account.  If that personal FB account is no longer an admin for the FB page, then the link between them would be broken and you'd have to re-link through another personal FB account that is an admin for that page.

Probably a FB limitation rather than a Squarespace one, but still not terribly clear in the Squarespace documentation.

Archived