How do I remove thumbnail images from blog page

@LYDIAPALESCHI which version of Squarespace are you using? If you're in 7.1, select each blog post and click "Edit." Once in editing mode on each blog post, click that white horizontal bar at the top of the specific blog page. A window will pop up. Click "Options" and then "remove image." If you don't have an image uploaded in "thumbnail image," then you won't have any thumbnail images on the top-level view. 

You can also access this by going to "manage blog posts." You'll see the list of all your blogs on the left-hand menu. Click the three dots to the right of the specific blog you want to edit, then "settings" > "options" > "remove image"

Make sense?  

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue and removing the thumbnail on the post eliminates the ability for this thumbnail to be used on my blog landing page. It simply pulls from the post's image, which is not scaled for a thumbnail (square) space. Of course, I could adjust the aspect ratio in the Edit >Design box of the landing page, but then that naturally affects all other images. Ultimately, I want the blog page to have a 4:3 image below the title and landing page to have a 1:1 thumbnail image.

Keeping the thumbnail created in Options causes it to be used on the blog page with the title--in large block lettering--as an overlay. I want this Thumbnail to go away from the blog page, but kept only for its connecting landing page.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 6.27.47 PM.png

@Tostado

Please post the URL for your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...

@StraydogJW

Please post the URL for your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 7:39 PM, joycer said:

Did you fix this, @StraydogJW or @Tostado, and could you share how? I have (and want) thumbnails on my navigation page, but do not want them in the blog post itself. Thanks!

Can you share link to blog page? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)