Page/SEO Description not displaying properly on Bing

Site URL: https://thewindowflyer.com

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and have the solution to solve it? The site description not showing up properly on Bing, but is working fine on Google.

I have populated the SEO Site Description as well as adding the same text to my home page's Page Description.  I've had this set up for weeks already, so it should have already been re-indexed by the search engines.  

I should point out that my home page is set up as an index page (I'm using the Jaunt template), so therefore the home page technically doesn't have any text on it.  As you can seen in the screenshots below, the page description that displays on the Bing search result seems to be automatically pulling the limited amount of text from the "Just Landed" portion of my home page, which is the first module of the index page format.  That module/page pretty much only contains a blog summary block.  Could this be the issue?  Maybe I need to populate the Page Description of that "Just Landed" module with the text I'd like to appear in the search engine result?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bing Search Result
image.png.bd58d851dccaea6422d3c38e8f4b4dce.png

Google Search Result
image.png.3102b356c4aa3b74d5d941494b880727.png

Home Page
image.thumb.png.1d7cf784f0efe5b76dc2ac32e12df9ee.png

Edited by FinalApproach
fix typo
  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having the same problem. Have you found any help? Bing is using some text on the page to complete the search results snippet, when Bing should be using the text in the meta description element instead. Thanks!