How do I update my Template from Bedford to the new Bailard Template?

Site URL: https://www.mydoodlemaltipoos.com

Hi there, I have my website published using the old Bedford template. It has been great, but I just noticed the new Bailard template has powerful features for quickly building out sections and a lot more flexibility in how you can design the pages. When I go to Design > Template > Install new template, this new template does not exist. I'm assuming because it is so new that an old site cannot easily upgrade. So I'm wondering would I have to start completely from scratch rebuilding the pages and dragging and dropping the content into these new pages? Is there an easier method than this for updating an existing website? Any best practices for manually doing this would be much appreciated. I don't want to lose all the SEO rankings I already have and want to make sure I duplicate these pages as close as possible in googles eyes.

• Replies 1
  • Views 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't move, or should I say copy, your site from Bedford which is a 7.0 site to any 7.1 template design. It is not an age thing, 7.0 and 7.1  are built on entirely different platforms.  You can start a free trial with Bailard, build your site and when ready, acivate it move your domain to it, and cancel your Bedford site. You will receive an immeadiate credit for any paid time left on your Bedford site. SEO rankings should stay the same based on content and domain name. 

Archived