Customising title area in blog posts in SS7.1

Hi there, 

Not sure this is the best place/thread to ask, but thought to try (let me know if this should go somewhere else etc).

For context, I'm trying to create a portfolio website for my illustration work, but am finding the Blog function better suited than Portfolios since it seems to allow for unpublishing content without deleting them/sorting projects into tags if needed for future-proofing.  

I'm trying to add a unique image behind the title for each blog post I create, similar to how you could create a headline in a layout page/portfolio sub-page. I was wondering if there was any code I could inject to allow for this in a blog post or if this is not possible? That and whether it was possible to center-align the title in a blog post?

If neither are workable, is there a way to create a visual navigation similar to the portfolio/blog summary function to link to projects laid out as layout pages?

Apologies if this makes no sense and there are a lot of questions, I'm kind of going around in circles a little haha. 

Any advice or pointers would be wonderful 🙂

Thanks so much!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@derricksrandomviews
Hi, thanks for your advice around this! 

I have used a blog summary block for the home page and it seems to work pretty well for navigational purposes - so that works a treat, thanks! 🙂 

I do wonder though if there are any solutions to getting the title areas in the actual blog post themselves to allow for more customisation (say, adding a headline/ center-aligning the blog post title etc). But all good if there aren't.

By the way, love your photos and the snow effects!

Archived