• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, HWE said:

Site URL: https://www.hotwireextensions.com

Hi! I would like users to be able to drag and drop or save images from the lightbox gallery on my site, but this doesnt seem to be possible... does anyone know if there is a way to change this either in settings or by a custom code?

https://www.hotwireextensions.com/hotel-light-01?itemId=v6qwqj5keq04rvpc4edxgnt7xk9o0o

Thanks so much!

Checking in on this as we need to do the same thing. Did you have any success?

There are two issues that make this effect difficult to achieve, if at all. The lightbox is using an overlay for the left and right arrows which is preventing the click and drag of the image. There is another barrier, if that overlay where taken out of the equation some manner. SS has implement a swipe feature on the images that is picking up the mouse click and drag that you would normally use to drag the picture to your computer file system.

I don't have a solution but I'm thinking instead of circumventing the layers SS has built-up. A better approach might be to add an additional layer like a nice little download button that overlays all of SS stuff. Seems like an avenue to explore. Heck you could even do download our catalog type link with a nice PDF.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.