Need help : How to fix the different color on display whereas I have the same background color image ?

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to fix a problem with 2 background images which display differently on screen (two kind of blue instead of the same blue). 
I export 2 images with exactly the same background color (no gradient) but when i'm using chrome the color looks different and create a visual break. Opacity background is 0%. This happens only when I'm using chrome and firefox not with safari.

Someone have an idea to fix it ?

Thanks 

Capture d’écran 2020-12-17 à 09.45.14.png

Edited by Mxm
56 minutes ago, Mxm said:

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to fix a problem with 2 background images which display differently on screen (two kind of blue instead of the same blue). 
I export 2 images with exactly the same background color (no gradient) but when i'm using chrome the color looks different and create a visual break. Opacity background is 0%. This happens only when I'm using chrome and firefox not with safari.

Thanks 

Please share your url to have a look, thanks

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Mxm said:

where is the page with the wrong color section?

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, Mxm said:

Hello everyone, 

Thanks 

Issue is the 2 background images has different color, you should ask your designer to generate the new image with same color code

image.png

Hello, I am having this issue also, when i upload the two images with same background colour, squarespace changes the colour of one of them and i cannot work out why. I export them from Adobe XD in the same way, they have the same background colour when i open them in mac's 'preview' app prior to upload in sqaurespace, but then one changes colour, do you have any suggestions as to why?

On 1/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, livsoper said:

Hello, I am having this issue also, when i upload the two images with same background colour, squarespace changes the colour of one of them and i cannot work out why. I export them from Adobe XD in the same way, they have the same background colour when i open them in mac's 'preview' app prior to upload in sqaurespace, but then one changes colour, do you have any suggestions as to why?

Can you share link to page where you insert image? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 1:46 AM, livsoper said:

Hello livsoper did you found a solution to fix it ? I tried many option with different app (xd, sketch, illustrator)  to export but stil have the problem. 

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue and I've contacted Squarespace about this and they told me that it's something that they will be looking into in the future. It seems to be a bug... So annoying.

But you seem to have fixed it now? Did you? Or is it just that it happens to show fine for me?

I have the same issue here: yadiyada.se (it's listed as unsafe, it's going through the SSL process as we speak).

You can see it in the pink color as well as the black at the bottom. It just seems to happen on random and on certain displays... 

Best,

Chris.

Skärmavbild 2021-06-01 kl. 23.34.07.png

Skärmavbild 2021-06-01 kl. 23.34.15.png

• 9 months later...

I ran into the same issue. I even re uploaded the exact same image the was  uploaded a month ago and the colors are now different. The issue occurred for me on blues similar to yours Mxm.

When comparing the original file to the version after the squarespace uploader handles it, I'm clearly seeing that the SquareSpace uploader is adding saturation to the image.

I found that uploading the image, and then using the SquareSpace image editor to turn down the saturdation by 10 got me very close to the original.

I also found that using a jpeg instead of the png fixes the issue as well. It seems like my PNG files are getting compressed upon upload to squarespace.

Edited by MJ00
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys!

I think I've solved this issue.

In Photoshop;

— Open your image
— Go to Edit / Convert to Profile
— Under Destination Space, select 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1'
— Click OK
— Save your file (preferably as a PNG)
— Place it in your Squarespace website

This solved the exact same problem I was having. Hope it will fix yours as well.

Cheers.