New Members area does not show up, please help.

Site URL: http://codydeering.com

Hello, I am a recent member to square space and I was trying to find out some information here about why my Members area does not function. 

I'm trying to put a members area up in my website and I've done everything that I know to do possible I have read everything, I have watched hours of videos and when I test this out with various emails, then login, nothing happens, it does not take me to the members area (I have checked the setting and I have selected that the new members area menu show ) and then when I search for my make-believe members they're not even listed as members,, I am just experimenting with a free membership.

The closest thing that I have read that should've been able to help me was a toggle switch to turn the members area on, but I do not see this toggle switch, I created the site first, and then I discovered the members area option and I went to create it, I paid for the members area subscription, and I got a confirmation from Square space that it says I am good to go.

I created some mock up pages under the pages tab, and then under the membership area tab, but as I say when I go to login, nothing changes on the screen, although it says that I am logged in.  For some reason it is not recognizing the sign ups as actual numbers, I am going bald from pulling my hair out, I cannot imagine what I am doing wrong, can somebody please please help me? 

Cody 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I had the same problem!
I'm not sure if that was the solution but I made e standard page with a member-registration button*, I didn't linked it in the navigation. Now I can log in with my mail address, before I set this page, I couldn't do anything after log in. Sorry I hope it's clear what I did and it helps you, I'm still a noob in squarespace.

*sorry I'm not sure if it's the correct term, my settings are in german 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! You have to create a separate webpage and select Member Area from the page layouts - it can be linked or unlinked depending on whether you want it to appear on the nav menu. Once you do that you can edit the member area sign up page so that the Sign Up button points to your member area. Once you click on that Sign Up button you will be asked to create an account to join the member area, and if you have it setup as FREE then it will show the full navigation for the pages inside your member area. Hope this helps!

Archived