Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How can I insert a "code block" into an Index page using coding?

MB12

Question

So, this might sound backwards and I am pretty green (but learning!) I have an index page and I would like to have a <script> HTML code appear where the BANNER usually appears. I only want this to happen on one page. I used the "Page settings>advanced>inject header code to simply "paste" in my code (pre-empted by the <body> text). This inserted my makeshift HTML "Banner" above the nav (I get it, b/c I am injecting it into the header, duh) - but is there any way to push it down? Down below the nav and into the "body" of the page? 

I do not want to use a banner image because they are way unprofessional and blurry (b/c it would require an image of text which is never easy to get crisp)

Thanks for any help!

Using Montauk.

image.png.f6d44adf058c647c407513f4f968c275.png

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

To make some HTML appear within the page body, insert a Code Block (or Markdown Block) in the required location. This will allow you to place the HTML on the page, whereas page-specific Code Injection will add it before the body tag.

If this doesn't work for you, it will really help us if you include a working link to the page as Tuan says. If your site isn't live yet, we will only be able to view it if you set a 'view site' password and tell us what it is.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007.