How can I insert a "code block" into an Index page using coding?

So, this might sound backwards and I am pretty green (but learning!) I have an index page and I would like to have a <script> HTML code appear where the BANNER usually appears. I only want this to happen on one page. I used the "Page settings>advanced>inject header code to simply "paste" in my code (pre-empted by the <body> text). This inserted my makeshift HTML "Banner" above the nav (I get it, b/c I am injecting it into the header, duh) - but is there any way to push it down? Down below the nav and into the "body" of the page? 

I do not want to use a banner image because they are way unprofessional and blurry (b/c it would require an image of text which is never easy to get crisp)

Thanks for any help!

Using Montauk.

image.png.f6d44adf058c647c407513f4f968c275.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To make some HTML appear within the page body, insert a Code Block (or Markdown Block) in the required location. This will allow you to place the HTML on the page, whereas page-specific Code Injection will add it before the body tag.

If this doesn't work for you, it will really help us if you include a working link to the page as Tuan says. If your site isn't live yet, we will only be able to view it if you set a 'view site' password and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived