I desperately need a solution to link image TITLES or show image DESCRIPTIONS.

Site URL: http://www.abba.squarespace.com/gallery

Here is my page in question... it's still in sandbox mode 🙂  http://www.abba.squarespace.com/gallery 

I hope someone out there can follow this 🙂

I'm using a plugin that allows for image galleries to be used as blocks in 7.1. It uses the 7.0 style galleries when using them as blocks. In other-words, I have access to both so I'm flexible if theres a solution. 

I'm using an external zoom script for my galleries to hover on zoom and click for full screen so I can't use a click through link.

What I'd like to do, is  take the the gallery section of my site, and combine an option to add each item to the cart. The only thing I can think is to find a way to show gallery description with a clickable link, OR use a 7.1 gallery and find a way to make the TITLE a link. 

I know about summaries, but they show only a thumbnail and if you see my site, you'll quickly see why the artwork needs a hirez picture. 

Can someone out there please help!

8 minutes ago, elijah_aaron said:

Site URL: http://www.abba.squarespace.com/gallery

Here is my page in question... it's still in sandbox mode 🙂  http://www.abba.squarespace.com/gallery 

I hope someone out there can follow this 🙂

I'm using a plugin that allows for image galleries to be used as blocks in 7.1. It uses the 7.0 style galleries when using them as blocks. In other-words, I have access to both so I'm flexible if theres a solution. 

I'm using an external zoom script for my galleries to hover on zoom and click for full screen so I can't use a click through link.

What I'd like to do, is  take the the gallery section of my site, and combine an option to add each item to the cart. The only thing I can think is to find a way to show gallery description with a clickable link, OR use a 7.1 gallery and find a way to make the TITLE a link. 

I know about summaries, but they show only a thumbnail and if you see my site, you'll quickly see why the artwork needs a hirez picture. 

Can someone out there please help!

Gallery description support hmtl, have you try to add an <a> tag to the caption?

image.png.53d8ee6b699e498ec0878920290c8c69.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, elijah_aaron said:

Wow this could actually work! I'm wondering how to fix the enormous amount of padding that it's adding below the image...
1356550022_ScreenShot2020-12-15at7_03_42AM.thumb.png.69334d42642c73315b71ae68d5e65a9e.png

image.png.a09d056fd8551e17f55834f67c9697dd.png

.gallery-caption-grid-simple, .gallery-caption-grid-strips, .gallery-caption-grid-masonry {
  padding: 0;
  padding-left: 0.5em;
}

Btw, your implement with zoom scroll is impressed, did it support pinch zoom on mobile?

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Thanks! It sure does! Now technically couldn't I target the 7.0 style galleries at the top of the page and give some sort of CSS command to show meta data under the title? This HTML is a GREAT solution for the 7.1 style gallery, but I like the 7.0 style galleries at the top of the page because they fit under tabs that I have created. Either way you've helped me so much! Thank you for the kind words!

• 4 months later...
49 minutes ago, harlan erskine said:

what is this plug in?

thanks

Check if this help

4 minutes ago, harlan erskine said:

interesting - not sure if that will work or not. I'm trying to get a 7.1 template to have links when images open in lightbox. When I just put in a href links it doesn't transfer to the lightbox.

Lightbox and clickthrough url not work together, you may need to put the url inside the description