"Flatiron" Equivalent in 7.1

Hey all,

I'm trying to build a portfolio site, and to me the Flatiron 7.0 template is super elegant. Once you click into a project, there are 2 independently scrolling columns, one for the text and one for the images:

Check it:
https://flatiron-demo.squarespace.com/

It sure feels wrong to embrace an already outdated version (7.0), but from what I can tell, as flexible as 7.1 is, there is no way to create scrolling like in the flatiron template.

Ideas anyone? Thank you in advance for your help!

Sam

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @derricksrandomviews.

That perspective certainly helps. Working in software myself, I can't help but view the release of each update as moving all previous updates one step closer to obsolescence. Last thing I want to do is completely rebuild my site every couple years

I think the market is greater for self builders using 7.1 than 7.0 and that is one of the reasons that Squarespace is "pushing' it more than 7.0. Both are good and I don't see 7.0 going away anytime soon if at all. I think the name 7.1 insinuates that but I look at it more like the name of Cadillac's XT5 and XT4. Both are good cars and the XT5 not a replacement for the other its a larger addition to their lineup.  

On 12/15/2020 at 2:23 AM, Porkue said:

Hey all,

I'm trying to build a portfolio site, and to me the Flatiron 7.0 template is super elegant. Once you click into a project, there are 2 independently scrolling columns, one for the text and one for the images:

Check it:
https://flatiron-demo.squarespace.com/

It sure feels wrong to embrace an already outdated version (7.0), but from what I can tell, as flexible as 7.1 is, there is no way to create scrolling like in the flatiron template.

Ideas anyone? Thank you in advance for your help!

Sam

Same mechanism can be implement using javascript and ajax

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived