Change homepage template to CROSBY in SS 7.1

Hi,

I'm using Squarespace 7.1. We originally chose an alternative template. I'd really love to convert out home page to the CROSBY layout so that our main photo spans the first block and header! 

I played around with it on another trail site however since we already purchased the domain we couldn't swap over to this sight. It looks so much better when the photo spans the whole way. 

Is there a CSC I can plug in to change it?

Thank you for your help! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 3.54.02 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 3.54.31 pm.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.1 is really just one template with pre-set design starting points. There is no "one button" function to switch from one to the other. 7.1 was designed to not have to switch templates. You can make the changes yourself in design. It will a bit of take time to note what layout, fonts, and color scheme you wish to change but it can be done. You can create the pages in the unlinked section first then enable them and disable the original ones upon clompletion. 

This is from support:

We designed version 7.1 to eliminate the need to switch templates. To try out new structures or designs for your site, you can add pages or sections with pre-built layouts while keeping your existing content intact.

Each layout includes demo blocks arranged in different ways. After you find one that works for your needs, you can replace the demo content with your own.

To add a pre-built page:

1. In the Home Menu, click Pages, then click +.
  2. Click Page Layouts, then click a layout type, like Contact, Services, or Team.
  3. Browse the available layouts and select the one best for you.

To add a pre-built section:

1. In the Home Menu, click Pages, then click the page where you want to add the section.
  2. Click Edit, then click + on the page.
  3. Click a section type, like Images, Newsletter, or Music.
  4. Browse the available layouts and select the one best for you.

Archived