Wanted: Masonry Gallery Type with Full Bleed Left/Right Margins and Adjustable Spacing between Images

Site URL: https://dory-sapphire-cf63.squarespace.com/config/pages

Hi, I want my gallery pages to have these 3 features.

• Masonry gallery type
  • Full bleed/No margins left and right
  • Adjustable spacing between images

I've chatted with multiple help representatives. It appears that it's not possible have these 3 features at the same time without using unsupported custom coding. The attached examples show how the templates limitations. Margins are created if I want to have the spacing between the images. 

Any other suggestions to achieve this? 

Thanks!

Gallery Style - Masonry PG-1 .png

Gallery Style - Masonry PG-2.png

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlyceRose said:

Site URL: https://dory-sapphire-cf63.squarespace.com/config/pages

Hi, I want my gallery pages to have these 3 features.

• Masonry gallery type
  • Full bleed/No margins left and right
  • Adjustable spacing between images

I've chatted with multiple help representatives. It appears that it's not possible have these 3 features at the same time without using unsupported custom coding. The attached examples show how the templates limitations. Margins are created if I want to have the spacing between the images. 

Any other suggestions to achieve this? 

Thanks!

Gallery Style - Masonry PG-2.png

Your site is private, could you provide a password?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

It's still in development. I don't want to share my password to the back end. Attached is a screen shot of the masonry grid. If you change the spacing between the images the margins change and the only way to have no margins with 'Masonry" is to not have spacing between the images. Other platforms that specialize in websites for photographers have the three features I want readily available to access together and the ability to customize without the need for unsupported custom coding. 

1 hour ago, AlyceRose said:

It's still in development. I don't want to share my password to the back end. Attached is a screen shot of the masonry grid. If you change the spacing between the images the margins change and the only way to have no margins with 'Masonry" is to not have spacing between the images. Other platforms that specialize in websites for photographers have the three features I want readily available to access together and the ability to customize without the need for unsupported custom coding. 

I mean password for frontend, anyway, if you look for the fix without unsupported custom coding then you may send email as feature request to Squarespace

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

What template are you using? I assume it is a 7.1 design. There are a number of 7.0 templates that do what you want built in, no code required, which may not help you at this point. They have full width options for galleries with padding adjustments between images. 

Avenue Demo

Wexley demo

The demos are not set up the way you want, however I have a number of sites built using both and know that option is there. 

.Full width blocks Squarespace

On 12/9/2020 at 11:11 PM, AlyceRose said:

It appears that it's not possible have these 3 features at the same time without using unsupported custom coding. Any other suggestions to achieve this? 

Correct. This isn't a feature on Squarespace 7.1, which means it isn't possible to achieve this without custom code. As Derrick said above, you could use an older Squarespace 7.0 template but this would mean starting your site again from scratch.

If you would like help with custom code, please include a working link to the page where you would like to achieve this. The community would love to help but as your site is currently private, we can't view it. To allow us to see it, you'll need to change the site visibility setting from "private" to "password-protected" and then share the view-only password with us here. You'll find details of how to do this here if you need them.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived