How to customize donate checkout to accept payment for application fee?

Hello,

I am using the donate block to accept payment but I want to be able to remove the word "donate" from the form. Also, there is a field where user can use any amount they choose to "donate". How can I change that? Also, there might be an easier way to do this and I'd appreciate any feedback. I am not a developer and trying to set this up with my limited knowledge.

I am basically setting up a one time payment so users can enter a sweepstake. Besides payment, I want to collect name, email and get them to agree to TOS.

Eventually I'd like to set up a recurring payment as well. 

• Replies 2
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @herhandshake,

To change the word 'Donate' on the button of the Donation Block, follow these steps.

It's not possible to remove the field where visitors can enter any amount to donate. It's also not possible to set up recurring donations with the Donation Block.

You can add a custom form to the Donation Block asking visitors to confirm that they accept the ToS. The name and e-mail address will be collected automatically as part of the purchase.

If you're wanting to sell a sweepstakes entry, at one set price, it might make more sense to set this up as a service product, rather than a Donation Block. Once you have the product set up on a Products Page (either in the Main Navigation, or in the Not Linked section of your site), you can choose to display it on another page using a Product Block.

If you want to set up a recurring donation, you can have a service product called 'Recurring Donation' and set it up as a subscription product. You can see this in action here on this customer's site, where they're displaying the recurring donation subscription service product in a Product Block on their Donate page:
shoutout.ie/donate

Hope this helps!

cg1q_g5kO_xGfCuu4Be7izVV_NRhqDc4ve0tGQPjM9KcJEsGk7_r2aOC3TvFDREPcEBeqkVyVYkbcd2f5SqEBwjMR67QYD2Kew-OhW65fVNWvTGdP1cmXHWUSbycirsSKTcnHL_G
SPENCER CHRISTIE
CUSTOMER OPERATIONS ADVISOR
HE/HIM

Archived